Wigston Parva, Leicestershire
Wigston Parva, a small parish and a chapelry in Leicestershire, 3 miles WNW of Ullesthorpe station on the Leicester and Rugby branch of the M.R., and 6½ NW by W of Lutterworth. Post town, Hinckley; money order office, Burbage; telegraph office, Hinckley. Acreage, 387; population, 47. The living is annexed to Claybrooke. The church is a small edifice of stone of the Norman period.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Lutterworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wigston Parva from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wigston Parva)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of Wigston Parva are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: