Ulverscroft (anciently known as Woolverscroft), formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Barrow-upon-Soar union, Leicestershire, 8 miles NW by W of Leicester. Acreage, 1889; population, 90. An Augustinian priory was founded here in 1130 by R. Bossu, and has left some remains. It is annexed to the ecclesiastical parish of Copt Oak.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Barrow-upon-Soar|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ulverscroft from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: