Peatling Parva, Leicestershire
Peatling Parva, a parish, with a village, in Leicestershire, 4 miles ESE of Broughton Astley station on the Rugby and Leicester branch of the M.R., 4 S of Countesthorpe station on the M.R., and 4½NE of Lutterworth. Post town and telegraph office, Lutterworth; money order office, Gilmorton. Acreage, 964; population, 117. The manor belongs to the Webster family. Little Peatling Hall is a large mansion of brick standing in its own grounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough; net value, £300 with residence. The church is a neat edifice of stone consisting of chancel, nave, N and S aisles, S porch, and an embattled western tower. It has some good stained windows, and an ancient tombstone of 1480.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Peatling Parva St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Lutterworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, have the following parish records online for Peatling Parva:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Peatling Parva from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Peatling Parva (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of Peatling Parva are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: