Normanton le Heath, Leicestershire
Normanton-le-Heath, a village and a parish in Leicestershire, 10 miles SE of the boundary with Warwickshire, and 3 SE by S of Ashby-de-la-Zouch station on the M.R. There is a post and money order office under Ashby-de-la-Zouch; telegraph office, Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Acreage, 1366; population, 166. The property belongs to Lord Belper, who is also lord of the manor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough; net value, £200 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Decorated style, and has a tower and spire, beautiful windows, and an old carved oak screen. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Ashby-de-la-Zouch|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in association with the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, have the following parish records online for Normanton Le Heath:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Normanton le Heath from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Normanton-Le-Heath)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of Normanton le Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: