New Parks, Leicestershire
New Parks, formerly an extra-parochial tract in the union and county of Leicester, now a parish in the Blaby union, 1 mile WNW of Leicester. Post town, Leicester; money order and telegraph office, Anstey. Acreage, 812; population, 71. New Parks House is a chief residence.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of New Parks are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: