Ringway, a hamlet in the township of Hale, and an ecclesiastical parish in Bowdon parish, Cheshire, adjacent to the river Bollin, 2 miles E of Ashley station on the Altrincham and Chester section of the Cheshire Lines railway, and 3½ SE of Altrincham. Post town, Altrincham; money order and telegraph office, Peel Causeway. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1863. Population, 570. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester; net value, £300 with residence. Patron, Lord Egerton of Tatton. The old church, built in 1720 and partly restored in 1862, was replaced in 1895 at the cost of the patron by a new and handsome structure.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Altrincham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ringway from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Ringey, or Ringway)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.