Keyham or Keame, Leicestershire
Keyham or Keame, a township-chapelry or dependency of the vicarage of Rothley, 8 miles distant from that place, on an affluent of the river Soarly mile NW from Ingarsby station on the G.N.R., and 6 miles E by N from Leicester. Post town, Leicester; money order office. New Humberstone; telegraph office, Ingarsby. Acreage, 943; population, 137. The manor belongs to the Merthens family. The church is an ancient building in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Billesdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The parish register dates from the year 1574.
Findmypast, in association with the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, have the following parish records online for Keyham:
Church of England
All Saints (parish church)
The church of All Saints is a small but ancient edifice, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch, and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 3 bells, dated 1705 and 1784; during the gale of 24 March, 1895, the four pinnacles were blown down and considerably damaged the roof: in 1898 a memorial window was placed in the church to Mr. Roger Miles, and an organ chamber and chancel screen erected by T. A. Cook esq. at a cost of £120: there are 124 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Keyham or Keame from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: