Yarborough or Yarburgh, Lincolnshire
Yarborough or Yarburgh, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, 4½ miles NNE of Louth station on the G.N.R. It has a post office under Louth; money order and telegraph office, Louth. Acreage, 1330; population, 189. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £300 with residence. The church is ancient, in the Perpendicular style. There are Wesleyan and Free Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Yarborough St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Yarburgh:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Yarborough or Yarburgh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Yarborough, or Yarburgh (St. John the Baptist))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: