Wyberton, a parish in Lincolnshire, 2½ miles S of Boston station on the G.N.R. It has a post office under Boston; money order and telegraph office, Boston. Acreage, 3797; population, 659. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £590 with residence. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Perpendicular style. There are two Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wyberton St. Leodegar|
|Poor Law union||Boston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Wyberton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wyberton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wyberton (St. Leodegar))
Online maps of Wyberton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: