Willoughton, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, 2½ miles SE of Northorpe station on the G.N.R., and 3 S by W of Kirton Lindsey. It has a post and money order office under Lincoln; telegraph office, Kirton Lindsey. Acreage, 2799; population, 457. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The manor belongs to the Earl of Scarborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £118 with residence. Patron, alternately King's College, Cambridge, and the Earl of Scarborough. The church is a plain building of stone in the Early English style, and was restored 1888-89. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Willoughton St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Gainsborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Willoughton:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Willoughton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Willoughton (St. Andrew))
Online maps of Willoughton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: