UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wildmore Fen, Lincolnshire

Historical Description

Wildmore Fen, Lincolnshire, formerly a tract allotted among twelve parishes, is now a parish, 3 miles from Dog-dyke station on the G.N.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Lincoln. Acreage, 4066; population, 736. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is a small and plain edifice of brick in the Perpendicular style. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Wildmore:

BaptismsBannsMarriagesBurials
1816-1866 1818-19111818-1911

Maps

Online maps of Wildmore Fen are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online:

CountyLincolnshire