Wildmore Fen, Lincolnshire
Wildmore Fen, Lincolnshire, formerly a tract allotted among twelve parishes, is now a parish, 3 miles from Dog-dyke station on the G.N.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Lincoln. Acreage, 4066; population, 736. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is a small and plain edifice of brick in the Perpendicular style. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Wildmore:
Online maps of Wildmore Fen are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: