Weston, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, with a station on the Midland and Great Northern Joint railway, 97 miles from London, and 3 NE of Spalding. Post town, Spalding. Acreage, 5566; population, 808. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. There are three manors. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln, with Weston Hills annexed; net value, £230 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 12th century and cruciform, and has a Perpendicular tower; the building was beautifully restored in 1885 at a large expense. There are Wesleyan chapels, and a chapel of ease at Weston Hills.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Weston St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Spalding|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Weston St Mary 1562-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Weston:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Weston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Weston (St. Mary))
Online maps of Weston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: