West Deeping, Lincolnshire
Deeping, West, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire, on the river Welland and the Tallington Canal, at the boundary with Northamptonshire, 1 mile ENE of Tallington station on the G.N.R., and 2½ miles WSW of Market Deeping, with a post office under Market Deepiug; telegraph office, Tallington station. Acreage, 1296; population, 265. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; gross yearly value, £400. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, and has a tower with lofty spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||West Deeping St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Stamford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for West Deeping:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for West Deeping from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Deeping, West (St. Michael))
Online maps of West Deeping are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: