Wellingore, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, 1½ mile from Navenby station on the G.N.R., and 9½ miles NW of Sleaford. It has a post office under Lincoln; money order and telegraph office, Navenby. Acreage, 3208; population, 602. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. Wellingore Hall and Hill House are the chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £300. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wellingore All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Sleaford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Wellingore 1602-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Wellingore:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wellingore from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wellingore (All Saints))
Online maps of Wellingore are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: