UK Genealogy Archives logo

Waddingham, Lincolnshire

Historical Description

Waddingham, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, 4 miles SB of Kirton Lindsey station on the M.S. & L.R. It has a post office under Kirton Lindsey; money order office, Redbourn; telegraph office, Kirton Lindsey. Acreage, 3752; population, 610. Brandy Wharf, on the Ancholme navigation, carries on some inland commerce. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £570 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, and has been restored. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, a reading-room, and an endowed school.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyLincolnshire 
Poor Law unionCaistor 
WapentakeManley 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Waddingham:

BaptismsBannsMarriagesBurials
1654-18421755-17901654-19111654-1911

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Waddingham from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Waddingham are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online:

DistrictWest Lindsey
CountyLincolnshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtDN21
Post TownGainsborough