Stow or Stowe (Market Deeping), Lincolnshire
Stow or Stowe, a parish in Lincolnshire, near Tallington station on the main line of the G.N.R., and 3 miles W by N of Market Deeping. Post town, Stamford; money order office, Market Deeping; telegraph office, Tallington (R.S.) Acreage, 419; population, 21. The manor, with most of the land, belongs to Lord Kesteven. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Barholme. There was formerly a church dedicated to St John the Baptist, but it was taken down in 1772 and has never been rebuilt.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stowe St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Stamford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stow or Stowe (Market Deeping) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stowe (St. John the Baptist))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: