Stainton le Vale, Lincolnshire
Stainton-le-Vale (sometimes called Stainton-le-Hole), a village and a parish in Lincolnshire, 5½ miles NE of Market Rasen station on the Hull and Lincoln branch of the M.S. & L.R. Post town, Market Rasen; money order and telegraph office, Binbrook. Acreage, 3032; population of; the civil parish, 195; of the ecclesiastical, with Kirmond-le-Mire, 292. The manor belongs to the Angerstein family. The living is a rectory with Kirmond-le-Mire annexed in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £272 with residence. The church is a small edifice of stone, consisting of nave and western tower only.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stainton-Le-Vale St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Caistor|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Stainton Le Vale:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stainton le Vale from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stainton-Le-Vale (St. Andrew))
Online maps of Stainton le Vale are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: