Saxby or Saxby All Saints, Lincolnshire
Saxby or Saxby All Saints, a small but pleasant village and a parish in Lincolnshire, 4 miles NW from Elsham station and 6 SW by S of Barton-upon-Humber station on the M.S. & L.R., with a post office under Hull; money order office, Worlaby; telegraph office, Saxby-South-Ferriby. Acreage, 2406; population, 302. There is a parish council consisting of nine members. A reading-room was opened in 1882. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £300 with residence. The church, which was rebuilt between 1845 and 1849 from designs by the late Sir G. Gilbert Scott, R.A,, is a beautiful building in the Early Decorated style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Saxby All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Glandford-Brigg|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Saxby All Saints:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Saxby or Saxby All Saints from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Saxby (All Saints))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: