Rand, a township and a parish in Lincolnshire. The township lies on an affluent of the river Witham, 1¼ mile WNW of Wragby, and 2½ miles SE by E of Snelland station on the Hull and Lincoln branch of the M.S. & L.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wragby. The parish contains also the township of Fulnetby. Area, 2120 acres; population, 128. The living is a rectory, with Fulnetby annexed, in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £343 with residence. The church is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, N aisle, vestry, and an embattled western tower. It contains a fine tomb of the 14th century, and some ancient brasses and monuments.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Rand St. Oswald|
|Poor Law union||Lincoln|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Rand:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rand from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Rand (St. Oswald))
Online maps of Rand are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: