North Coates, Lincolnshire
Coates, North, a parish in Lincolnshire, on the coast, 3½ miles ENE of North Thoresby station on the G.N.R., and 9 NNE of Louth. It has a post office under Grimsby; money order and telegraph office, Marshchapel. Acreage, 2348 of land and 1334 of tidal water and foreshore; population, 262. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net yearly value, £328. Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is a plain building of stone in the Early English style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||North Coates St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for North Coates:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for North Coates from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Coates, North (St. Nicholas))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: