North Carlton, Lincolnshire
Carlton, North, a parish in Lincolnshire, 3½ miles E by N of Saxelby station on the G.N. & G.E. Junction railway, and 5 NNW of Lincoln. Post town, Lincoln, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1840; population, 162. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net yearly value, £150, in the gift of the Bishop of Lincoln.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Lincoln|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for North Carlton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for North Carlton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Carlton, North)
Online maps of North Carlton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: