UK Genealogy Archives logo

Over Alderley, Cheshire

Historical Description

Alderley, Over, a village and a township in Alderley parish, Cheshire, 4 miles NW of Macclesfield. Acreage, 2204; population, 385. Hare Hill is the chief residence. There is a Methodist New Connexion chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Directories & Gazetteers

Transcript of the description from Pigot & Co. Directory of Cheshire, 1828-9


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.