Midville, a parochial township of the East Fen, Lincolnshire, formed in 1885 into the consolidated chapelry of East-ville-with-Midville, which up till 1894 included parts of the parishes of Benington, Boston, Butterwick, Leake, Leverton, Eevesby, Spilsby, and West Keal, but these parts of parishes were at that date formed into one civil parish, called New Leake. It is 1½ mile W from Eastville station on the East Lincolnshire section of the G.N.R., and 7 miles S by W of Spilsby. Post town, Boston; money order office, New Leake; telegraph office, Eastville railway station. Acreage of the township, 2619; population, 198; of the ecclesiastical district 1197. The surface is part of the East Fen, was formerly swamp, and has been drained. The ecclesiastical district of EastviIle-with-Midville includes the civil parishes of Eastville, Midville, and New Leake. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £287 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is a plain brick building with a bell-turret.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Spilsby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Midville:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Midville from the following:
Online maps of Midville are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: