Maltby le Marsh, Lincolnshire
Maltby-le-Marsh, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, 3 miles SW from Mablethorpe station on the G.N.R., and 4 NNE of Alford. Post town, Alford; money order and telegraph office, Mablethorpe. Acreage, 1409; population, 251. The living is a rectory in the diocease of Lincoln; gross value, £273 with residence. The church is an ancient building of stone, consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower, and contains an effigies supposed to be of one of the Earls killed in a duel at Earl's Bridge, which connects this parish with Mablethorpe. It has also a very ancient and interesting carved stone font. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and an endowed school.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Maltby-Le-Marsh All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Maltby 1561-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Maltby Le Marsh:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Maltby le Marsh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Maltby-Le-Marsh (All Saints))
Online maps of Maltby le Marsh are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: