Ludford Magna, Lincolnshire
Ludford Magna, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands near the end. of the Fosse Way, 6 miles E of Market Rasen station on the Hull and Lincoln branch of the M.S. & L.R. Post town, Market Rasen; money order office, Ludford Parva; telegraph office, Binbrook. The parish comprises 2712 acres; population of the civil parish, 313; of the ecclesiastical, with Ludford Parva, 709. Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Ludford Parva, in the diocese of Lincoln; joint net value, £270. The church was rebuilt in 1858 at a cost of £2125, and is in the Decorated English style, and cruciform.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Ludford Magna St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Ludford:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ludford Magna from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Ludford Magna (St. Peter))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: