Keelby, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands 3 miles SW of Stallingborough station on the M.S. & L.R., and 7 NE from Caistor, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Brocklesby (S.O.), and a fair on 10 July. The parish comprises 1860 acres; population, 702. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £154 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Yarborough. The church is ancient but good, has Norman arches, and a tower, and contains an ancient effigies of Alice South. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Keelby St. Bartholomew|
|Poor Law union||Caistor|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Keelby:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Keelby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Keelby (St. Bartholomew))
Online maps of Keelby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online:
- Grantham Journal
- Grimsby Daily Telegraph
- Lincolnshire Chronicle
- Lincolnshire Echo
- Lincolnshire Free Press
- Louth and North Lincolnshire Advertiser
- Stamford Mercury