UK Genealogy Archives logo

Ingham, Lincolnshire

Historical Description

Ingham, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands near the Wolds, 6 miles NE from Stow Park station on the G.E. and G.N. Joint line, and 7 N by W from Lincoln. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Lincoln. The parish comprises 2126 acres; population, 522. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £150 with residence. The church is a small building of stone in the Early English style. There are Free Methodist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyLincolnshire 
Ecclesiastical parishIngham All Saints 
Poor Law unionLincoln 
WapentakeAslacoe 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Ingham:

BaptismsBannsMarriagesBurials
1567-1911 1568-19101568-1902

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Ingham from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Ingham are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online:

DistrictWest Lindsey
CountyLincolnshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtLN1
Post TownLincoln