Holton le Clay, Lincolnshire
Holton-le-Clay, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands near the East Lincolnshire branch of the G.N.R., 4½ miles S by E from Great Grimsby, and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Grimsby; money order office, Tetney; telegraph office, Waltham. Acreage of parish, 1516; population, 306. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £106. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was repaired and partly rebuilt in 1850, and reseated in 1868; it has a Saxon tower. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Holton-Le-Clay St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Holton Le Clay:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Holton le Clay from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Holton-Le-Clay (St. Peter))
Online maps of Holton le Clay are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: