Holton Beckering, Lincolnshire
Holton Beckering, a parish in Lincolnshire, 2½ miles N by W from Wragby station on the G.N.R., and 3 E from Wickenby station½ on the M.S. & L.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wragby. Acreage, 1889; population, 135. Beckering hamlet is 1 mile SE from the church. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net yearly value,, £309 with residence. The church, which is a fine building of stons in mixed styles, consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a western tower. The chancel was rebuilt and the other parts were restored in 1859, under the supervision of the late Sir G. G. Scott, R.A.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Holton All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Lincoln|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Holton Beckering:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Holton Beckering from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Holton (All Saints))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: