Hatton, a parish in Lincolnshire, 4 miles ESE from Wragby station on the G.N.R. and 7½ NW from Homcastle. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Wragby. Acreage, 1847; population, 157. The manor belongs to the Sibthorpe family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net yearly value, £129 with residence. The church, which was built in 1870, is a building of brick in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Hatton St. Stephen|
|Poor Law union||Horncastle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Hatton:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hatton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Hatton (St. Stephen))
Online maps of Hatton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: