Farlsthorpe, a parish in Lincolnshire, on the Willoughby and Sutton branch of the G.N.R., 2 miles SE of Alford station-Post town and money order and telegraph office, Alford. Acreage, 1077; population, 114. The living is a vicarage in' the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £89. The church is a small building of brick.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Farlsthorp St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Spilsby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Farlesthorpe 1562-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Farlesthorpe:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Farlsthorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Farlsthorp (St. Andrew))
Online maps of Farlsthorpe are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: