Farforth cum Maidenwell, Lincolnshire
Farforth with Maidenwell, a parish in Lincolnshire, on the Wolds, 5½ miles WSW from Authorpe station on the G.N.R., and 6 S by W from Louth. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Louth. Acreage, 1970; population, 134. The living is a rectory, annexed to Ruckland, in the diocese of Lincoln; gross joint value, £400 with residence, in the gift of the Earl of Yarborough. The church, rebuilt in 1861, is a building of sandstone in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Farforth St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Farforth cum Maidenwell from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Farforth (St. Peter))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online:
- Grantham Journal
- Grimsby Daily Telegraph
- Lincolnshire Chronicle
- Lincolnshire Echo
- Lincolnshire Free Press
- Louth and North Lincolnshire Advertiser
- Stamford Mercury