Edlington, a parish in Lincolnshire, under the Wolds, adjacent to the river Bain, 2½ miles NW from Homcastle-station on the G.N.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Homcastle. Acreage, 2739; population, 199. Ediington Park is the seat of the Hassard-Shorts. The-living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £240. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a building of stone in the Gothic style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Edlington St. Helen|
|Poor Law union||Horncastle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Edlington:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Edlington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Edlington (St. Helen))
Online maps of Edlington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: