Eastville, a parochial township in Lincolnshire, on the East Lincoln branch of the G.N.R., near Bellwater Drain, 7½ miles S from Spilsby. It has a railway station, and a post and money order office at New Leake, under Boston; telegraph office, the railway station. Acreage, 2749; population of the township, 342; of the ecclesiastical parish, 1197. The surface is fenny. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net yearly value, £287, in the gift of the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is a modern building of brick. New Leake, a portion of the parish of Leake, is for ecclesiastical purposes included in Eastville. The parochial township of Midville is also for ecclesiastical purposes consolidated with Eastville.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Spilsby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Eastville:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eastville from the following:
Online maps of Eastville are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: