Driby, a parish in Lincolnshire, 4 miles W by S from Alford station on the G.N.R., and 5½ N of Spilsby. Post, money order, and telegraph office, Spilsby. Acreage, 1370; population of the civil parish, 115; of the ecclesiastical, 394. The living is a rectory, consolidated with those of South Ormsby and Calceby; joint net yearly value, £579. The church, a small building of stone, has a brass of the 16th century.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Driby St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Spilsby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Driby:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Driby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Driby (St. Michael))
Online maps of Driby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: