Claxby (Walesby), Lincolnshire
Claxby, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire, on the Wolds, 1 mile ENE of Usselby station on the G.N.R., and 3½ miles N of Market-Rasen, under which is the post and, money order office; telegraph office, Market-Rasen. Acreage, 1728; population of the civil parish, 226; of the ecclesiastical, 365. The living is a rectory united with the rectory of Normanby-on-the-Wolds in the diocese of Lincoln; joint gross yearly value, £1030. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Claxby St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Caistor|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Claxby 1561-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Claxby by Normanby:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Claxby (Walesby) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Claxby (St. Mary))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: