Buslingthorpe, a parish in Lincolnshire, 2 miles NNW of Wickenby station on the M.S. & L.R., and 3 SW of Market Rasen. Post town, Market Rasen, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1407; population, 82. The living is a rectory annexed to Faldingworth in the diocese of Lincoln; joint net yearly value, £353, in the gift of a private patron and the governors of the Charterhouse three to two respectively. The church, originally a very ancient structure in the Early English style, was rebuilt in 1835. It contains a brass of 1310. The manor and lands belong to the Charterhouse, London.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Caistor|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Buslingthorpe:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Buslingthorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Buslingthorpe)
Online maps of Buslingthorpe are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: