Burton Pedwardine, Lincolnshire
Burton-Pedwardine, a parish in Lincolnshire, 1½ mile NW from Helpringham station on the G.N. & G.E. Junction railway, 2 miles SW of Heckington station on the G.N.R.,. and 4½ SE of Seaford. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Heckington (S.O.) Acreage, 1898; population, 163. The manor was given by the Conqueror to Alan de Craon, and passed to the Pedwardines. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net yearly value, £200 with residence. The church, which stands on an ancient site, was erected in 1870-71.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Burton-Pedwardine St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Sleaford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Burton Pedwardine:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Burton Pedwardine from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Burton-Pedwardine (St. Andrew))
Online maps of Burton Pedwardine are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: