Boultham, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire, on the river Witham, 2 miles SSW of Lincoln, the post, money order, and telegraph office. The M.R, runs through the parish. Acreage of the parish, 1330; population, 527. Boultham Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory, with the vicarage of Bracebridge annexed, in the diocese of Lincoln; joint gross yearly income, £370 with residence at Bracebridge. The church, an edifice of stone in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, was restored in 1887. In the churchyard there is a memorial of the men of the 47th regiment who fell in the Crimea, consisting of a block of granite from the fortifications of Sebastopol over 2 tons in weight. Boultham Hall is a large mansion standing in a park of 70 acres.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Boultham St. Helen|
|Poor Law union||Lincoln|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Boultham 1562-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Boultham:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Boultham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Boultham (St. Helen))
Online maps of Boultham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: