Newhall (Wrenbury), Cheshire
Newhall, a township in Wrenbury and Audlem parishes, Cheshire, on the river Weaver, adjacent to Salop, 1 mile SE of Wrenbury station on the L. & N.W.R., and 5 miles SW by S of Nantwich. It contains the hamlets of Aston, Aston Heath, and Dodds Green, and part of the village of Burley Dam. Acreage, 4159; population, 734. The manor belongs to Viscount Combermere. A church is at Burley Dam, and Wesleyan chapels are at Aston and Dodds Green.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Nantwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newhall (Wrenbury) from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cheshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Newhall (Wrenbury) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.