Barnoldby le Beck, Lincolnshire
Barnoldby-le-Beck, a parish in the county of Lincoln, 3 miles NW of Holton-le-Clay station on the G.N.R., and 5 SW by S of Great Grimsby. Post town, Waltham under Grimsby, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1305; population, 212. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £300 with residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor. The church is good, and there are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Barnoldby-Le-Beck St. Helen|
|Poor Law union||Caistor|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Barnoldby Le Beck:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barnoldby le Beck from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Barnoldby-Le-Beck (St. Helen))
Online maps of Barnoldby le Beck are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: