Barholme, a parish in Lincolnshire, on the Glen river, 1½ mile N from Tallington station on the G.N.R., and 3½ miles WNW of Market - Deeping. Acreage, 1104; population, 188. Stamford is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Greatford. The benefice is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Stowe, in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £132 with residence. Patrons, the trustees of Oakham and Uppingham schools. The church is small, but ancient and interesting.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Barholme St. Martin|
|Poor Law union||Stamford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Barholme:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barholme from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Barholme (St. Martin))
Online maps of Barholme are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: