Upton Parva, Shropshire
Waters Upton, or Upton Parva, a parish in Salop, 1 mile NW of Crudgington station on the G.W.R., and 5½ miles NNW of Wellington. It has a post office under Wellington; money order office, Peplow; telegraph office, Crudgington railway station. Acreage, 727; population, 214. The manor belongs to the Duke of Sutherland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £270 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1865.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:
- Shrewsbury Chronicle
- Wellington Journal
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales
- Ludlow Advertiser
- Salopian Journal
The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.