Tibberton, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Edgmond parish, Salop. The village is 4 miles. NE of Crudginton station on the G.W.R., and 4¼ WNW of Newport station on The L. & N.W.R. It has a post and telegraph office under Newport; money order office, Newport. The township comprises 1494 acres; population, 344. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. There are paper mills. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1861, and includes the township of Cherrington. Population, 505. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; net value, £105 with residence. Patron, the Rector of Edgmond. The church was rebuilt in 1842, is in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave, N transept, and tower with five bells. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Droitwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tibberton from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.
Online maps of Tibberton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:
- Shrewsbury Chronicle
- Wellington Journal
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales
- Ludlow Advertiser
- Salopian Journal
The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.