Deuxhill, a parish in Salop, on an affluent of the Severn, 4 miles SSW of Bridgnorth, which is the post town. Acreage, 493; population, 51. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectories of Chetton and Glazeley, and the chapelry of Loughton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is disused.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Liberty||Borough of Wenlock|
|Poor Law union||Bridgnorth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Deuxhill from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Shropshire (Salop) is available to browse.
Online maps of Deuxhill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:
- Shrewsbury Chronicle
- Wellington Journal
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales
- Ludlow Advertiser
- Salopian Journal
The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.