Beaumont Chase, Rutland
Beaumont-Chase, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Rutlandshire, 1½ mile from Uppingham. It commands some fine views. In 1885 a detached part of Uppingham, known as Preston Leys and Preston Leys Plantation, was united with this parish. Acreage, 463; population, 16.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Uppingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beaumont Chase from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Beaumont-Chase)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Rutland is online.
The Visitation of Rutland, 1618-19 and The Visitation of Rutland 1681-2 are available to browse on the Heraldry page.