Bransdale East Side, North Riding of Yorkshire
Bransdale-East-Side, a township in Kirkby-Moorside parish, N.R. Yorkshire, in Bransdale, 9 miles N by E of Helmsley. Post town, York. Bransdale-cum-Farndale is the ecclesiastical parish. Population, 759. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £238 with residence, in the gift of the Earl of Feversham. The church, an old Norman edifice, has been lately restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kirkby Moorside|
|Poor Law union||Helmsley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Bransdale Cum Farndale:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bransdale East Side from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bransdale, East Side)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: