Carlton Miniott or Carlton Islebeck, North Riding of Yorkshire
Carlton-Miniott or Carlton Islebeck, a village and a township in Thirsk parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile from Thirsk station on the N.E.R., with a post office under Thirsk; money order and telegraph office, Thirsk. Acreage, 1552; population, 419. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; value, £200 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is very old. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Thirsk|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Carlton Miniott:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Carlton Miniott or Carlton Islebeck from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Carlton Islebeck or Miniott)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: