Bransdale West Side, North Riding of Yorkshire
Bransdale-West-Side, a township in Kirkby-Moorside parish, N.R. Yorkshire, in Bransdale, 8¼ miles N of Helmsley. Post town, York. Acreage, 2047; population, 64. The Earl of Feversham is lord of the manor and principal landowner. Cockayne Lodge, Lord Feversham's shooting box, is a substantially built stone mansion in the neighbourhood. There is a Wesleyan chapel. There are remains of a Roman road at the north end of Bransdales, and Roman and Saxon relics are sometimes found.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Helmsley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bransdale West Side from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bransdale, West Side)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: