Bilsdale west Side, North Riding of Yorkshire
Bilsdale-west-Side, a township in Hawnby parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the W side of Bilsdale vale, 6 miles NW by N of Helmsley station on the N.E.R. The Earl of Feversham is lord of the manor. Acreage, 2920; population, 145. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Helmsley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bilsdale west Side from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bilsdale, West Side)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: